Thermohouse manufactures an Insulating Concrete Formwork (ICF) wall form system that provides building solutions on strip foundations or structural rafts, from the basement to the roof level and is certified to six storeys. Produced from Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) with galvanized steel bridges that tie the inner and outer leaves together. Once installed, it provides an exceptionally strong shuttering kit for the infill of concrete and reinforcing steel.
The standard external wall has a U-value of 0.195 W/m2K and a minimum structural strength of 25N. The unique design of the Thermohouse wall form system provides for substantial unsupported opening spans, corner windows and cantilever extensions, while eliminating cold bridging throughout the structure. The wall form system also incorporates internal load bearing and party wall forms. The wall forms offer a fast and efficient build solution as they can be erected and poured, to full storey height up to 4.0m, in a single pour. The concrete is vibrated to ensure that the pour is consistent and compacted throughout.
Our Insulating Concrete Formwork (ICF) wall forms, part of the low energy building system, are state of the art high density expanded polystyrene (EPS) elements provide a very solid structure for the installation of the steel reinforced concrete and a high quality thermal envelope.
- High energy rating (EPC).
- Airtightness: Once installed the Thermohouse system can achieve airtightness results as low as 0.56 ac/h.
- Reduction on heating bills, the complete Thermohouse system can produce upwards of 70% saving on heating bills against traditional builds.
- Sound Insulation, superior sound insulating performances from the outside environment.
- Design Opportunities, the thermohouse system consists of lightweight materials which are easy to transport and install. The flexibility of the system encourages creative and innovative designs with considerable reductions in the construction time.
- Durability, long lasting, maintainance free, superior steel reinforced concrete structure of greater than 25n with a lifetime guarentee, no rust, no rot, no codensation, no mould, no draughts, no leaks.
- Fire Safety, increased protection against fire, with greater fire resistance.
- Re-Sale Value, ensuring premium financial security and return on resale of your home.
- U-Value of 0.2 which exceeds the current building regulation requirements